Utah DLD Handbook 2023
Before you can get your permit or license, the state of Utah requires that you pass the state written knowledge test. While statistics reveal that over half of all applicant fail the test you don’t have to be another statistic. Fortunately, the state of Utah routinely publishes a handy drivers handbook to help you prepare for the exam. We’ve included a copy of the official Utah Drivers Handbook to help get you started.
Preparing With the UT Drivers Handbook
Once you feel you have a good understanding of the information in the handbook it’s a great idea to test yourself using the practice tests available on this site. Our Utah practice permit test contains state-specific questions and as is designed to give you a better feel for what you will face at the DMV office. While the questions are not exactly the same, they do covers some of the same material allowing you to get some valuable practice before the big day. Gain the confidence now by fully preparing for the Utah written drivers test and before you know it you’ll be behind the wheel.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The handbook provides you with the essentials including in-depth information on the rules of the road and road signs. The Utah Driver Handbook is published by the Utah Department of Public Safety (DPS) driver’s license division and covers the following topics.
- Obtaining Driver License – identification, tests, donor program, fees
- Rules of the Road – speed, signaling, backing, right-of-way, stopping, parking
- Signs, Signals and Markers – traffic signals, pavement markers
- Basic Driving Skills – freeway driving, night driving, sharing the road, safety belts, air bags
- How Crashes Affect You – insurance coverage, financial responsibility
- License Revocation – drinking and driving, point systems, suspended license
Think You're Ready for the Utah Permit Test?
Find Out Before You Take the Exam.