Georgia DDS Handbook 2022
Whether you’re anxious about getting your first drivers license or if you’ve been driving for years, all applicants looking to become licensed drivers in the state of Georgia must first pass the state written drivers test.
Prepare yourself for the test now by reading and reviewing the official Georgia Driver Handbook . Filled with pages of proven instruction to not only help you pass the written test, it’s also an excellent resource to ensure you remain safe on the road.
Preparing With the GA Drivers Handbook
Every year, many Georgia residents have to endure the time, cost and embarrassment of taking their Georgia Written Drivers Exam two, three, four times or more. Over 70% of people fail the written driver’s test which means most people simply don’t think they need to prepare. This should never happen. Not when there are so many resources available to the student driver.
Together with the handbook, practice tests provide that essential feedback to ensure you really have mastered the material. Our Georgia practice permit test can help you begin prepare for the real test by simulating some of the questions you will face on the real test. So what are you waiting for? Study the rules the material found in the handbook and take our practice exams. Together you are giving yourself the best possible chance to pass the Georgia written drivers test the first time!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Georgia Driver’s Manual is published by the Georgia Department of Driver Services and covers the following topics.
- Licenses/Permits/Identification Cards – licensing information, obtaining license, testing
- Rules, Regulations, Laws and Safety – traffic laws, right of way, passing, signals, avoidance
- Teen Driving Laws – instructional permit, provisional license, suspensions, DUI
- Signs, Signals, and Markings – road signs, traffic signals, pavement markings
- Safety – restraints, conditions, emergencies, expressway driving
- Sharing the Road – pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles, buses
- Losing Driving Privileges – convictions, suspensions, points system, permits, revocations
- Accidents – aiding the injured, moving vehicles, deer
Think You're Ready for the Georgia Permit Test?
Find Out Before You Take the Exam.